Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Visiting Or Solange Takes a Road Trip

So last year I was given the honor of hosting Solange, the village's giant metal chicken mascot, by Rachel over at Stim City.   The deal is that our chicken gets passed on to members of our village who needed the laugh and the reminder of our connection and love for each other. Solange was inspired by the Bloggess' Beyonce who taught us to laugh and to pick our battles.

So Friday afternoon, I loaded Solange up and we headed out.
 

      Solange called shotgun but I thought driving up the highway with a giant metal chicken in the front seat would get me pulled over.  So it was the trunk for him. 


And we were off to visit friends. Traffic got me where we were going way later then I intended. Solange was not thrilled with his excessive time in the trunk. There was some angry clucking coming from the back of the truck. Finally we arrived at our destination. It was time for a little Knock Knock MoFo.





The front door was opened and Solange was greeted with laughter from Jess, Luau, Katie and Brooke. 

I had a wonderful weekend with all of them. We went to an autism event and I got to see one of my favorite people ever.


Jersey & Texas together again.

I collected some shells for DIVA  and Sweet Baby Girl.


 And saw some beautiful views.


And then Sunday morning I got to run with the Team Up with Autism Speaks Boston team with Luau. I showed them how we run Jersey style. Oh you want to donate?? CLICK HERE



Then our running buddy Doug who couldn't make the training run came looking for us.  He asked Luau where I was. Luau told Doug she's up a bit she's wearing.... forget it you'll know it when you see her. He found me alright.

Doug, Me & Luau

We met up with the rest of the group for a picture. 



              
I had a wonderful weekend with friends. It was a whirlwind but I really enjoyed it. 

I had some very interesting conversations with Katie. To see her interact with Brooke and watch her really get her sister is a beautiful thing. I am beginning to see it in my own girls with Boy Wonder. Katie and Brooke give me hope that the kind of relationship I would like my girls to have with their brother is a very real possibility. 

And then after a quick picture with Jess and Solange it was time to hit the road. My babies were on a plane and headed home.  Back to reality.








4 comments:

  1. Love all of this! Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful! What a great idea Solange is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And I'm so glad you had a little oxygen-mask-time to yourself. Love to you, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    My name is Jenna. Your son is a brave courageous fighter. your son is a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel,and you are a smilen hero. Your son is full of happiness, life, smiles, joy, fun,love, and spunk.


    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

    I wrote this poem
    Each of us are Special
    Each of us different,
    No one is the same
    Each of are us are unique in our own way,
    Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
    Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.
    It doesn't matter what others say
    we are special anyway.
    What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete