Monday, January 9, 2012

Time for A Change

It takes strength to survive;
It takes courage to live.
Strength and Courage
~David L. Griffith
The winds of change are blowing wild and free.
Make You Feel My Love
~Bob Dylan

4 years ago, Boy Wonder was diagnosed. All we've done is survive since then. There's been ups and downs. There's been joy and sorrow. There's been 2 steps forward and 1 step back but we've been in crisis mode. We can't stay here anymore. I can't stay in crisis mode anymore. I also can't be Mommy or Autism Mama all the time anymore. 

I will never be the blissfully ignorant, happy go lucky person I was once upon a time. The past 4 years have taught me too much about judgments, incorrect perceptions, empathy, acceptance, patience and love. We aren't who we were pre-diagnosis.

 So I'm choosing to make changes. I start college this month. I'm looking to go back to work.  I'm practicing forgiveness of myself and others. I'm thinking seriously about what would make me happy no matter what other people may think.  

It's time to stop surviving in the land of what could've been and time to accept what is and go after what would make all of us happy. Everyone deserves happiness. I just have to let go.


2 comments:

  1. And know that, when you stumble and need a hand, we're here for you to help you reach your destination and to help you enjoy the hell out of the journey. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone deserves happiness indeed. You are worthy. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete